The sensor is housed in a copper tube with a slightly curved surface to make intimate thermal contact with the pipe. Temperature changes in the pipe fluid are conducted very quickly through the sensor housing to the element inside. The copper pipe strap fits makes for quick installation on either 1/2 inch or 3/4 inch pipes.
The 3 meter long cable is 24 AWG stranded copper wire with a UL2651 rating and is registered under UL file number UL42323. The thermistor is a 10K type 2 temperature curve compatible with most DDC systems on the market
• 10k thermistor with type 2 temperature curve, compatible with major control systems.
• Fast thermal response design, 90% response of step change in under 5 seconds
• Accurancy of ±0.2C over the range of 0-70℃
• Interchangeable, calibration not required for most applications
• Excellent long-term stability
• Operating range up to +150℃
• UL2651 cable with UL file number UL42323
The over molded temperature sensor is typically used for in floor heating systems but is useful for many hot water heating applications. The sensor element is a 10K type2 thermistor sensor with 4.5m cable length rated to 105C. The overmolded design means this sensor can withstand a wet environment for extended periods which makes it suitable for agricultural projects as well.
The cable is tough and flexible so its easy to lay flat under flooring or strapped to the heating pipework.